.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, May 03, 2009

My latest interview

If you're interested....
It's an online article about homeschooling and unschooling options, you can read here, at babygooroo. It's by Mum and writer Mary Jessica Hammes who was very professional and easy to work with. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I checked out the article and was pleased with how it shows a diversity of folks coming to homeschooling with an eye toward following the kids' interests.

I also read the maple syrup making post. We definitely did not go to the extent that they did to process the sap. We just boiled it on low for 2 days on the stove top and put it in a jar and ate it with the the little bits of stuff that they strained out. I used lower heat b/c I was scared I would burn the sugar and ruin the batch. I didn't have the smoke issue and the syrup was wonderful. I think the straining is just to make it look pretty b/c it didn't taste funny and the bits were too small to notice in my mouth. The difficulty in our neck of the woods is tapping at just the right time b/c the sap runs when the days warm (40-50) and the nights are super cold. We don't have too many days in our season that act like this, so you have to get in there quick around end of Jan/Feb. I guess that is why most of the stuff is found and processed up north.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home