.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New Unschooling list!


Just spreading the word! I started a new unschooling list for support and discussion. Hope some of you will join me in making it a great place for people to question, ponder and get encouragement for the journey.

Learning in Freedom:

Learning in Freedom is a place to discuss gentle parenting and unschooling. From birth to adulthood, unschooling is all about learning naturally and trusting our inner voice, while helping our children explore the world freely. Talk to parents that have "been there" and new parents finding their way into this very joyful way of connecting as a family.

In John Holt's words "Birds fly, fish swim, humans learn". We believe that humans are born to learn and learning happens best in an environment of trust and respect where everything counts as learning, from Scooby Doo to Kathmandu!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious - Why the new list? Does it have a different purpose than Unschooling Basics?

I'm enjoying your blog! (I met you on the last day of the NEUC!)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Hi Cheryl! Glad you stopped by.:)
I would like to get a little more focused and try to include book discussions and such.
I'd also like it to have a very gentle tone, leaning a little more towards support rather than just discussion.
Mostly it's my curiosity about whether lilaguide is a good place to have a list AND to make sure unschooling is presented there.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I just joined too, I'm not sure how lilaguide works though.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Three Mommies said...

Hi Ren :)

We also met you at the recent NEUC. I tried to find the new list, but couldn't. The link just isn't working for some reason. Could you post the url?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

I think it's a lilaguide issue because at certain times of the day it seems to take forever to load. Here's the url:
http://www.lilaguide.com/groups/learninginfreedom.aspx

I checked the link and it's all working and correct but for some reason it's really slow right now for me too.

Sorry about that! Hope to see you there.

9:09 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Okay, way weird but in an odd 'connection' sort of way. I've been off all RU list for 7-months and haven't blogged ~ in fact, I deleted DaikiniCrossroads completely. Dave's making it into a book for Sorscha. I just started a new blog - http://livingtheliquidlife.blogspot.com/ - and I am in the process of deciding which RU list to go back to. Then POP! There you are! All sparkly and calling out. I obviously just 'have to' join.
~Crystal~

6:32 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

I'm adding this comment just in case anyone stops by...
I have closed down the lilaguide list (it wasn't a good place to host a list at ALL) and we've moved over to Laura's newer Radical Unschoolers' Network which is complete awesomeness.

http://familyrun.ning.com/

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home