.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Monday, September 25, 2006

A grand sand pile!







We've got a new house going in next door and the kids have appreciated the contractor's pile of sand immensely! They spent a few days digging themselves holes and burying each other. The fun ended when it became evident that keeping dangerous debris out of the sand was not a priority for the workers (I'm sure they'd be thrilled that my kids were sneaking over there when they were gone!).
Obviously, we need a sandbox or at least a sand pile over here!


We've got the trampoline and some scrap lumber to build small forts (gotta have some hiding places of your yard is going to become an airsoft field). Next is sand I guess.:) Still thinking about whether a banging wall is a good idea or not.

In addition to the grand sand pile, it's been a grand learning adventure to watch a house go up so close to us. Every day the kids are watching the workers, asking questions and commenting on various aspects of construction. Sierra says "This is so great, it will help me learn how it works for when *I* build houses!"

2 Comments:

Blogger LeaAnn said...

Or...you could visit us in Pensacola, we have tons of sand!

3:17 PM  
Blogger zamozo said...

Loved the sand pile story and pics. My grandparents had a big (5' tall) sand pile dumped in the corner of a retaining wall and garage wall that I spent hundreds of hours playing in when I was growing up. Now, Zoe loves to play in the fine, white sand of N. Captiva Island when we visit my folks! My mom has been monitoring sea turtles' nests in the sand on their beaches! Sand is great!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home