.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Babies


I brought home a little surprise for the kids last night...actually, two surprises: Rattie girls! One black and one white dumbo rat baby are the new kids around here. We're trying to agree on names. Sierra and I like Violet or Tansy. Markus suggested BARF (Beautiful, Agile, Rat Friend), Cocoa Puff or Bergamot. I also thought Princess Mononoke would be cute, we could call her Mono for short. I guess we'll have to negotiate some more.

Sierra's Beta is yet-to-be-named, so we're not very quick to name our pets.
They're SO loving (as ratties usually are) and seem to especially love Markus. What is it about pets and the dude that doesn't really want them? They all LOVE him. He actually likes holding these girls and claims their small size is endearing. They won't stay small for long honey....

Sent out the Imagination Tribe's latest ATC trade today, there were some really interesting cards in this batch. Sierra had initially decided not to participate but changed her mind when all these beautiful cards started showing up! Trevor even got in on the fun this time, making a grand total of 6 cards. He put some "net lingo" on a few of them, they were hilarious.

Jalen was having a rough night when I got home from work. He sounded tired, but insisted on going to the store for a notepad and pen (nothing around here was quite right). We managed a peaceful trip, but he was really losing it after we got back. I held him for a while and explained that I was tired of being shrieked at and that he needed to just talk if something was wrong and I would help.
He screamed "I'm NOT shreiking at you!!" Ouch...ears are hurting.
He wandered off and I started to clean up a bit, planning to go lay down with him.
Markus comes in a moment later and takes me by the hand back to the bedroom. "look" he says smiling...Jalen is curled up contentedly sleeping. "I guess he knew what he needed"
"yeah" I answer, "funny how kids that don't have bedtimes will do that!"

Last night, I was having a rough night and Sierra cuddled up with Jalen and started reading him a story. So sweet. I just sat and stared at them, thankful for yet another moment when I can be in awe of this parenting journey. They are amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home