.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Writing 4 sanity

I write in a corner of "Cow and Coffee" these days, on my lunch break. I write while standing at the Lancome counter about things that irritate me (breast augmentation, circumcision and school talk today). I write ideas, bands to look up and try to add ideas for articles and stories.

Then I talk about skin care and makeup, maybe do a makeover and then some cleaning. But there's always the writing to keep me sane. I decided that if I didn't start taking a notebook with me I was going to go completely over the edge. That .97 notepad is my best friend right now.

LeaAnn and family got up here today. The kids were already pretty loud and exciteable today, it has now become total cacaphony and mayhem. I'm ready to build a second house to get some quiet while they play. It's SO great to see them all though. My kids have missed them terribly. I really, really hope they move up here.

John and Kevin are staying the night, Jalen is over with Auntie and Uncle again (WAH! I miss my nighttime cuddles so much) but Sierra is here at least. It's like playing musical kids or something. You never know where they're going to land on any given night.:)

We got Trevor's room finished enough for him to move into it, but now something in the basement is giving him allergies. Poor guy. We may have to get an air filter....all the boys spend most of their time down in that room now. It's the new hangout and gaming room.

The air is cool and clean tonight, after some rain yesterday. It's good to have family, friends, plans and some days off....looking forward to some connecting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home