.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another realization....revisiting LOA

I realize what it is about new age metaphysical lines of thought that really irritate me. Finally I realize the touch point. The idea that a person is "one" with everything else that exists and judgment is useless. We're all supposed to be light and love and connectedness right? But that's a judgment. Saying something is beautiful is as much a judgment as saying it's ugly. Telling someone they're amazing is as much a judgment as saying they're nuts. Sure, one isn't as kind but they're all judgments whether the person wants to admit it or not.

Beyond the fact that niceties are forms of judgment too, there's the fact that human beings can be "enlightened" (whatever that means for you) and still be dealing with rage, discomfort, judgment...whatever it is you want to put there that is deemed negative. We are creatures of complexity and spiritual evolution isn't about NOT being human. In my view, it's about fully embracing and understanding our humanness. It's not shying away from the darkness, it's about being totally ok with it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jenny said...

Interesting thoughts, Ren. I've spent the last ten minute typing and deleting things related to fat and beauty, and how the words are used (both positively and negatively). I can't wrap my head around it well enough to express it.

Maybe I should erase this too. Hah!

10:30 PM  
Blogger vertpaix said...

yep, yep. I think this is another great critique.

1:17 PM  
Blogger ~Katherine said...

"In my view, it's about fully embracing and understanding our humanness. It's not shying away from the darkness, it's about being totally ok with it."

Ren, that's a great encapsulation of Oneness if I ever heard it. Not everyone thinks oneness is happiness and light and wealth and beauty and truth. The acceptance of oneness, and understanding unity, means seeing the humanity in sadness, darkness/blindness, poverty and lies, and understanding that those too are all who we are as well. Trying to separate these things is to splinter ourselves and artificially build up in our minds a false self that doesn't exist. It's THE false god, as far as I'm concerned. Seeking to live a life that doesn't exist.

Instead of saying it's all good I could more easily say it's the Real Me. :D And I like the real me, thanks.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home