.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jalenisms (or should I call them Scottisms?)


The boy asked me to go find his pajamas that Austin bought him for Christmas...they were bit too large last year. I got them out of storage and after he puts them on realizes they're now a perfect fit. He's thrilled. Did I mention they're glow in the dark, footie pajamas with space ships on them?

"I'm going to go tan" he says.
"huh? What's he going to do?" I ask Sis.
"He calls it tanning when he charges up the glow-in-the-dark stuff" explains she.
Aaaah. Ok.

So he's out in the laundry room "tanning" and I hear him tell her "I need tanning goggles".
And now the washer and dryer are a tanning machine because he can lay on top in his jammies and charge up.

Earlier this week Bleu took him out to eat at Taco Bell while Sierra and I goofed off at Hobby Lobby with La and crew. When Jalen/Scott got his taco he apparently said "Oh yeah, it's a party in my tummy."

Funny, funny guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Jeremiah had those same footies - but he calls the charging "powering up" or, since he started gaming, "leveling up."

Thanks for sharing your growing-up boy stories! =)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Deanne said...

"So yummy! So yummy!"

11:27 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

I swear if you don't write a book I'm going to! And I'm not a very good writer so get on that will ya? That story is making me smile today. I miss you guys!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lynch Family said...

A long time ago the candy bar Nutrageous advertised itself as "A party in your mouth!" never had the candy bar but use the phrase all the time! Tan on, Jalen!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home